Coming Back to God When You Feel Empty:
Whispers of Restoration From the Book of Ruth
[Sign up below to receive your free e-book and occasional newsletter updates:]
Who is this book for?
- If you’re feeling empty, dreaming about the life you wish you had.
- If you’re feeling disappointed with God
- If you’re looking for some sort of path back to faith
Coming Back to God When You Feel Empty is for you.
In a nutshell?
- It is a compelling, uplifting, and quick read for anyone who wants to reconnect with God.
Who wrote it?
- Tanya Marlow has experienced spiritual disappointment – though chronic illness, when she gave birth and lost the ability to walk more than twenty metres.
- She is a former lecturer in Biblical Theology and someone who has personally wrestled with doubt and suffering.
What’s it about?
- The Biblical book of Ruth is a story of disappointment followed by restoration; wandering and then homecoming.
- Tanya Marlow gently interweaves her own story with Ruth’s story, getting under the skin of the characters, and bringing the biblical book to life.
What’s unique about it?
- It is a short read for busy people – quick enough to be read in a single sitting.
- Each chapter follows the structure of the Bible’s book of Ruth
- There are creative exercises and questions for reflection at the end of each chapter, making it ideal for personal study or group discussion.
Praise for Coming Back to God When You Feel Empty:
“Tanya Marlow’s wonderful reflections on the book of Ruth are rooted in life experiences. She shows how the story of Ruth still lives and resonates. ”
– Dr Jenni Williams, Tutor of Old Testament, Wycliffe Hall, University of Oxford
“Marlow shows how God remains faithful today by sharing her own stories of loss, suffering, and faith alongside the narrative of Ruth.”
– Ed Cyzewski, author of Coffeehouse Theology and A Christian Survival Guide
“Intensely honest yet wonderfully gentle… I recommend this little book to anyone who has ever doubted God, anyone who has been angry with him, anyone mired in exhaustion and despair – in short, anyone who is a Christian.”
– Dr Ros Clarke, author, and Online Pastor for Diocese of Lichfield
Coming Back to God When You Feel Empty is a short book, c. 50 pages, about the length of a Kindle Single, and is available to purchase in print from Amazon. For a free copy of the e-book, please sign up to receive my newsletters with exclusive content and book updates a few times a year. You can also opt to receive my blog posts conveniently in your inbox, so you never miss a post. (Unsubscribe at any time.)
Some FAQs on Coming Back to God When You Feel Empty:
- How do I get the book? You can get the ebook by signing up to my newsletter by email (see boxes top right or bottom of the page).
- What if I already receive your blog posts by email? You don’t have to sign up: you should already have an email from me (entitled ‘Super secret project’ with the links in it). Check your junk mail folder if you can’t see it.
- What is the advantage of signing up to the newsletter? You’ll receive exclusive news of future book projects and any offers ahead of everyone else, as well as personal updates from me.
- What will happen if I put my email in the sign-up box? Will I have to pay for anything? You won’t have to pay for anything. When you put your email in, you will get an email asking you to confirm your sign up. When you click on that, you’ll get another email welcoming you to the list, with two buttons to click – either the Kindle version or PDF.
- I don’t have a Kindle or an e-reader, can I read it? Yes – click on the PDF version, and you can read it on a computer, tablet or smart phone.
- How do I get the book onto my Kindle? Check your settings: you have a Kindle email. Email the .mobi (Kindle) file to this email address, making sure that you’ve marked the email address you’ve sent it from as a whitelisted address. You should be able to find out more in http://amazon.com/myk or http://amazon.co.uk/myk
- I don’t like ebooks – is it available in print? Yes – you can purchase it from Amazon.co.uk for £3.99. (affiliate link)
- Is it available in the US and Europe? Yes! Check it out on your Amazon page. It is $5.50 from Amazon.com. (affiliate link)
- How long is the book? it’s about 50 pages, the length of a Kindle Single, read-it-in-half-an-hour short book.
- For how long will it be available free of charge when you subscribe to a newsletter at Thorns and Gold? I haven’t got a definite timeframe, but certainly for the next two months.